Technology Maturation Awards
Technology Maturation Awards (TMAs) are designed to help promising but yet unlicensed technologies attract external partners. TMAs support efforts to demonstrate the commercial potential of science and engineering innovations through proof-of-concept, prototyping, technology development and/or scale-up work. Successful TMA projects generate the validation necessary to attract experienced licensees.
- Type of award: Grant or continuing grant
- Estimated number of awards: The Technology Commercialization Office (TCO) may fund up to five (5) awards per academic year. Projects may receive up to $50,000 for a term of 6-12 months per award.
- Eligibility: Proposals may be submitted by GW faculty inventors with a GW-owned invention available for licensing (optioned inventions are eligible). Applicants with a new idea must disclose it to TCO before submitting a TMA proposal.
- Limit on number of proposals per PI or Co-PI: Two (2)
- Deadline: Stay tuned for our next request for proposals.